Care Home Management Limited specialise in ensuring care homes maximise on their potential.
Introduce good working practices to ensure residents receive an enhanced level of care both physically and socially. Introduce standard policies and procedures in agreement with the Owner for their Care Home. Ensure systems are in place to meet the current care standards. Work with the Care Quality Commission & Social Services to ensure the home meets the standards set by the regulators
Marketing Your Home
Taking into account the homes location form a marketing strategy to deliver a plan of action to sell into the local community. Form partnerships with the NHS in negotiating fee rates for continual health patients. Ensure that the Manager maintains a high profile in the local community and that she is constantly aware of the need to promote the image of the Home. Establish and maintain good relations with the Registration Authority and contract units. Network with the Care Quality Commission and Local Authorities to promote the service.
Care Home Management will complete a financial viability report, which will highlight income & expenditure trends. This report will form a financial review of fees & staffing costs, which are the two main areas in maximising the care home business. Best prices will be sought without reducing quality.
Work alongside the care home manager to ensure the home is compliant and staff are fully trained and competent. Ensure the care home is updated on the latest standards of care, which are reviewed annually.
Buildings and Estate Management
Survey the care home to ensure the premises are compliant to the current regulations. Ensure statuary checks are carried out as per Health & Safety regulations with appropriate auditing tools. Carry out regular checks on the property to ensure the care home maintains a high standard of refurbishment.
Form a costed staffing matrix taking into account the needs of the residents on a daily basis. Ensure a training matrix is kept up to date as per the requirements. Ensure robust human resource procedures are in place as per employment law and CQC regulations.
- Introduce standard policies and procedures in agreement with the Owner for their Care Home.
- To be appointed and registered as the Management Agents of the Home.
- Attend all announced inspection visits wherever possible, complete all necessary registration forms and attend Fit Person interviews where requested by the Owner.
- Following inspections discuss the report with the Owner and respond to any requirements and recommendations by producing an action plan, ensuring that agreed actions are carried out within the timeframe agreed.
- Prepare and submit to the Care Quality Commission on behalf of the Owner, monthly Regulation 26 reports.
- To review the mix of resident categories to ensure the maximum potential occupancy of the home is achieved.
- Recruit and manage Matron/Manager to ensure the successful operation of the Home.
- Administrative duties at the Home will include the careful recording of all hours worked by staff and their rates of pay in order that the payroll can be produced and processed.
- Produce a monthly report for the Home summarising all of the issues but primarily to ensure that the Owner is aware of any developments and important issues. We recommend that it would be useful to meet at monthly intervals to discuss the homes progress.
- Regular visits to the Home certainly fortnightly but more if required.
- Availability by telephone and e-mail at all reasonable times.
- Detailed monitoring of standards of care and care plans.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to cover all contingencies (a list is available if required).
- Detailed and regular monitoring of staffing levels, hours worked and hours paid.
- Provide a monthly register of residents and prepare monthly trend histograms to monitor occupancy, admissions, discharges and enquiries.
- Review and detail all legislative requirements and ensure that any shortfalls are brought to your attention with recommendations and estimated costs for Agreement to proceed with corrective action.
Marketing Your Home
- Ensure that the Manager maintains a high profile in the local community and that she is constantly aware of the need to promote the image of the Home.
- Establish and maintain good relations with the Registration Authority and contract units.
- Establish regular contact with the local placement officers.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local GPs and Practise Nurses
- Establish and maintain good relations with other visiting healthcare professionals.
- Seek to fill all available beds.
- Check the fee rates are appropriate to the market place.
- Develop a programme of events to involve the local community to ensure that the Home is recognised as a quality Home.
- Maintain records of enquiries and maintain a waiting list.
- Ensure that local supplies are paid promptly. (to ensure positive relationships and potential referrals)
- Regularly monitor the impression that is given by the Home to its residents and prospective clients to ensure that it provides a high quality visual impression and comfortable environment.
- Develop proposals to improve the marketing of the Home to maintain high occupancy.
- Develop and agree with the Owner a standard financial operating system for the Home.
- Define financial standing orders to be agreed by the Owner.
- Develop a system to monitor the handling of the invoicing of resident fee and debt chasing.
- Arrange a system to monitor the monthly payroll and the arrangements for the payment of staff pay by BACS (where possible).
- Arrange a system and monitor the handling of residents personal monies ensuring that proper records are being maintained.
- Ensure that an appropriate accounting service is operated for the Home to include:
- Operate and reconcile monthly a bank account for the Home.
- Operate and manage the homes effective accounting package.
- Operate a general ledger system with a standard chart of account structure.
- Arrange a petty cash system to be reimbursed on a regular impress basis - monitor and control use.
- Produce a monthly schedule of payments for the home Owners approval.
- Regularly review all indirect costs and recommend action to keep such costs in line with the budget or less.
- Preparation each year of an annual budget to be agreed with the Manager and the Owners.
- Ensure that appropriate care is given to all residents.
- Ensure that residents and relatives are reasonably satisfied with the care provided.
- Ensure an appropriate Quality Assurance system is in place, which is measured and responded to.
- Ensure that the Social Services contract is maintained to the advantage of the Home.
- Ensure that the staff and a Manager with appropriate qualifications are on duty as required.
- Ensure that staff are given training to meet these standards and that appropriate supervision is carried out as required.
- Ensure that an appropriate activities programme is in place, properly funded, publicised and followed.
Buildings and Estate Management
- Review and detail all maintenance requirements and ensure that any shortfalls are brought to the attention of the Owner with recommendations and estimated costs for agreement to proceed with corrective action.
- Set up and operate a cost effective maintenance team.
- In the event of the absence of the Owner to undertake any works required to the building in an emergency in order to maintain a safe and proper environment for the residents of the Home.
- To put forward proposals from time to time for new equipment requirements and where there are approved in principle by the Owner to obtain alternative quotes for their selection.
- In conjunction with the Owner plan and manage any existing or planned minor building, adaptation or conversion projects through to completion. Depending on the complexities of the project and following discussions with the Owner there may be an additional fee agreed to manage specific projects.
- To put forward proposals from time to time for extensions or major building schemes and where these are approved in principle by the Owner to obtain alternative quotes for their selection. The management of these schemes would not form part of the normal management fees agreed within this agreement, but where it was thought that the Company has the necessary expertise and time to manage the work a separate fee would need to be agreed between the two parties and only where the prior written consent of the Owner is obtained to undertake any of these works.
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and encourage the development of a structured and funded training programme with appropriate staff training records being maintained.
- Ensure all staff are provided with suitable employment contracts.
- Where the inability to recruit staff appears to necessitate the need for agency staff, ensure that the need is kept to a minimum and that plans are put in place to reduce the reliance on agency staff.
- Review staff costs including numbers, grades and rates of pay of staff required. Put forward proposals to vary costs.
- Ensure that sufficient staff are on duty to meet the legally required minimum standards as set by the Registration Authority.
- Maintain a good working relationship between staff and the Company.
- Operate a system of care whereby staff maintain a good relationship with the Homes residents.